What's on your hook?

I’m starting another Jane Crowfoot blanket-- this one is called Mexican Diamonds. I also have a few other projects that I’d like to start on (a blanket and some amigurumi). What’s on your hook? I recently finished a few projects.

Pattern:Nature Walks Treasure Bags by the Firefly Hook

This one is Side waves Shawl by Lisa Cook.

4 Likes

I’m trundling along making squares for our church prayer blankets: granny squares in green, red, yellow and a blue-green-yellow variegated yarn at the moment, with teal and pink and purple coming up.
Not very exciting, but it gives my hands something to do during meetings and the like :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have nothing at the moment :sob:

1 Like

@Rustypelican oh no! :frowning:

Deborah, that sounds wonderful! The colors sound very pretty. I love the idea of such a ministry! Are the prayer blankets made for someone who is ill or in the hospital, or just for a fellow brother or sister who needs encouragement? How wonderful that you are using your God-given talents! <3

Is it a modular blanket, or are you making it as one piece? I’m working on a shawl using the only yarn I managed to finish during this Tour de Fleece. The pattern is Angel Wings by Karen Whooley:
witchlingwingsinprogress

4 Likes

Lovely idea by your church! I went along to a few granny making workshops held by my local church, but they stopped having them for some reason. Your choice of colours sounds lovely too!

3 Likes

I love that!!! The colors would be perfect for autumn. It reminds me of the knit shawl I saw recently that someone posted for their mama. Thank you for sharing the pattern info. I definitely want to make this now after seeing it!!! <3

2 Likes

@Mekone, I love Karen Whooley’s patterns. I just recently picked up a book on Delta Crochet because I thought it was very cool to see what you could make with simple triangle construction!!!

1 Like

Oooh! I LOVE that purse pattern!

1 Like

Thank you @Prairiechuck, If you haven’t already made them, here’s a link to her page with the pattern. https://fireflyhook.com/portfolio/nature-walk-treasure-bags-free-crochet-pattern/

Just can’t decide…
Besides it’s summer & I try to do things outside before we get hit with another brutal Michigan winter.

1 Like

I know what you mean. I live in Illinois and what a brutal winter we had-- and it never seemed to end. Very soon autumn will be here and so warmer clothing or blankets is always a great thing to start on!!! Definitely enjoy the weather while you can!!!

The blanket squares are made by a number of people in the church (including my husband, @TimMakarios) and then joined together by the blanket group’s coordinator/founder, who also sews on a label with a blessing from our church on it.
The blankets go to anyone in the church or known to someone in the church who is sick, injured etc. We had a bit of a pile-up at first, but now they’re flying out the door faster than we can make them!

2 Likes

I’m working on my Spring Abstract Blanket CAL pattern design by Bella Coco Crochet :blush:

2 Likes

Really cool. What an encouragement! I am sure that they are treasured by the recipients. It’s really nice that you and your husband can share your love of knitting/crocheting together! I’m trying to get my husband on board— I haven’t quite gotten him interested as of yet.

1 Like

Such lovely colors for your Spring blanket. Can’t wait to see more of it as it comes together!

1 Like

On the plus side, you don’t have to share your stash! :smile:

1 Like

@DeborahMakarios Haha, so true!

I love them too! Thanks for the tip, never heard about Delta Crochet before!

1 Like