What are you doing today?

Good Morning Everyone :sun_with_face:
What are you going to do Today?
I have coupons so I may be going to JoAnn Fabric’s
to add to my yarn collection.:hugs: Nice to know that I have a husband that doesn’t mind taking me as long as I have my Coupons. Enjoy your weekend and craft away.:coffee:

5 Likes

What a sweet husband you have! Are you looking for yarn for a specific project or do you just like to browse and buy yarn that catches your eye and fingers? My family is going to a local museum today to hear some presentations on the Apollo 11 mission. My son loves astronomy and especially the Apollo missions. Maybe I will get some knitting in tonight. My three boys want me to play Minecraft with them, so I might be persuaded to do that instead. Or play princesses with my daughter. :blush:

5 Likes

We’re in the mountains of NC to see our kids in a play tonight. I’m also working on my 2nd sock from an 1840 pattern I plan to interpret soon. :blush:

4 Likes

We are headed to Point Defiance Park in Tacoma to check out their new connecting bridge with slides!! How fun is that?

7 Likes

You’ll have to resurrect board games so you can knit in between turns! The whole family can play too. I know it’s old school but some cities have a monopoly game of their city. Kids think it’s cool to buy local properties. I’m sure there are lots of fun games but my kids are adults now so I’m not familiar with many.
I’m still nursing a headache that started yesterday morning. Last night and today house/dog sitting for my son. Knitting on a shawl too.
Have a great weekend.
Diana

4 Likes

I need to get some yardwork done. Then use up some of my peaches. Probably can some of them and then also make a cobbler. I love to garden
I need to finish a stuffed toy for my grandson, and socks for my son. Never lack for anything to do around here.

5 Likes

Good Morning (though it is now 1:42 PM here). I have been working on some monsters/stuffy guys for donations to various charities. I love all the Rebecca Danger patterns, have been through the entire “The Big Book of Knitted Monsters” several times with various modifications, made bunches of her free Monster Chunks, Chubby Chirps, Bunny Nuggets & Gnome Nuggets and now working my way through all the monsters in the “Knit a Monster Nursery”. I just finished a pair of the bookends & currently working on the little monster that goes in the pocket of the blanket (no name for him yet).

I have also been working on Cora Crop top, a free pattern I found put out by Universal Yarn which I have been working on since last August. I am not very good at cables so, even though there is only 1 set of cables straight up the front and back and the rest of the top is plain garter stitch, it seems to be taking me forever. :frowning:

Here is a link to the pattern: https://universalyarn.com/pattern.php?pattern=1977
(If anyone is interested, there was an errata for this but it has been incorporated into the most current version of the pattern.)

4 Likes

I think the shoulder detail in that pattern is very interesting.

I just like to go and start stocking up on yarn for the up coming winter. Because Michigan has very brutal winter’s& we don’t travel much on the weekends during that time of year.

3 Likes

I have a brother who just moved back home to Michigan from Port orchard,WA with his wife. They said it was getting to expensive out there.

1 Like

I’m in the process of testing a shawl today, but have to run to the store for groceries and a few things. Hopefully will get a nap sometime this afternoon too!

1 Like

I’m having a bad “flare” the past few days, and the intense bone pain is keeping me from doing much of anything fun. My hubby helped me get groceries this morning, and he helped with putting a couple of slabs of ribs in the oven (too HOT to grill them). I’ve got my Mama’s recipe (very simple but the best!) for baked beans in with the ribs and we’ll have green salad and garlic toast, so dinner is pretty much all good to go.

If the pain eases up later I need to finish a couple of dresses in the sewing room. I hurt too bad to knit. :cry:

1 Like

I’m visiting parents in Salina Kansas. I grew up here. We went to the Eisenhauer Museum and Library this morning in Abilene, just 20 miles up the highway from Salina and I happened to stop into the local yarn shop there. It’s call The Shivering Sheep. My first time there. I bought a couple of much needed 40" size 2.25 mm HiyaHiya needles for magic loop sock knitting and a wooden needle size measurer. It’s the cutest tiniest shop I’ve been in yet! I refrained from buying yarn because I plan on doing the yarn crawl in Denver in August.

2 Likes

Finished my vest today! This is going to be one of my Fair entries to his year. The photos are pre-block, in the blocking solution, and on the blocking mat.

9 Likes

Is that a pattern you designed? If so, will you be offering it for sale or free?

I hope that you feel better soon, Kelly @Naughtcrochet, <3

1 Like

Thanks Lee, I hope so too. Have a peaceful, restful night.

1 Like

We love Monopoly! We have the Star Wars edition, but we haven’t played in a while. Thanks for suggesting it. I think I will get it out this week. :grin:

2 Likes

Sorry your not feeling well hope you get better soon!
Wouldn’t it be hotter to use the oven in the heat,seems the grill would be easier. Either way enjoy your ribs.

2 Likes

Oh I wish! I so admire the creativity of designers. Here is the link to the well written, easy to knit pattern. I just wish it was charted.
https://www.bendigowoollenmills.com.au/pt8218-men-s-diamond-vest-pdf

1 Like