Too Busy Quilting To Post?

I get it! I haven’t been on this forum in MONTHS. But I figured since I just finished the biggest project I’ve ever done in my life, I’d get on here and brag a little. My sister lured me away from knitting to do this thing called Quilt-As-You-Go. The way I do it can also be considered ‘potholder’ quilting. With hexagons. I just finished a queen sized one for my daughter, and started on a full sized one for a friend. Be careful if you start doing these!! THEY’RE ADDICTING, similar to knitting hexies. lol I will have to try to figure out how to add a picture from my phone. Anyway–happy quilting, y’all! Hope everyone is healthy and safe.

1 Like

6 Likes

Wow, very nice! I have a friend who does quilt-as-you-go but I haven’t tried it yet. I didn’t know you could do hexagons.

1 Like

Thank you! You should try it. I think you can adapt almost any quilt pattern to quilt-as-you-go and/or potholder style. It’s so easy, and for me it is easier than wrestling a big quilt sandwich. :wink:

That’s beautiful - looks like so much work!!

1 Like

Only 1 1/2 months of quarantine! :smiley:

I’ve been busy lately making these. It’s a coin purse for holding money and credit cards. It’s on a lanyard with my keys. I don’t like carrying a purse and this is ideal. Going crazy with my new sewing machine I bought last fall, a Singer Patchwork machine.

1 Like

Sweet!! and what a great idea.