Show Off Your Stash

Some of us collect yarn (and other craft/fiber supplies) faster than we can knit and create. How do you store your stash? Do you hide it away or is it on display? Let’s see your stash!
Here’s some of mine. The first is my very disorganized “working yarn” cabinet that I keep at hand. The second is, gulp, my yarn trailer. I used to sell at festivals and when I stopped doing that well …
:smirk:
(ETA: photos and description)

!

13 Likes

Please, please, please show us the inside of the trailer! Is it filled to the brim? Also, is it strange that I’m so excited to see a stranger’s yarn stash?:star_struck:

10 Likes

Okay! I’ll follow up with some photos after I get through a few projects. Yes it’s full. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Haha, yes, please! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m embarrassed. I have two large bins and four small bins. That’s it. I try the to find projects i can do out of what I have. I only buy with a project in mind.Shameful :frowning:

Love the trailer!

6 Likes

You are very disciplined!

1 Like

I am jealous - and it doesn’t matter what kind of yarn is in there !!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::innocent:

1 Like

Some of my sock yarn. Remaining weights of yarn in bins. Love my yarns!

10 Likes

Ignore the mess and dust. I have been busy with school work for next year and haven’t put things away.

9 Likes

Excuse me while I drool.

Puts my stash to shame! I’d take a pic, but it’s a bit hard to get to it at the moment. Also, half of it may or may not be piled by the couch in the living room for various reasons.

4 Likes

I know that it would be more organized and protected in tubs but I really like looking at it. I make sachets every year to ward off the moths. I probably need to a destash of my yarn and books. I did that back in January of 18 but have slowly accumulated more.

Frugal, perhaps? I have always tried to use up yarn I have. A 63 year old habit. It drives me crazy when I have yarn that didn’t work out for a project. If I can’t find a use for it I’ll donate it
Often to someone learning to knit. Most of my stash consists of leftovers and extra skeins.

That said, I adore looking at some of these gorgeous stashes people have. It’s like having your own yarn shop.

1 Like

I don’t think my stash is huge, though it’s definitely bigger than it was (I inherited the odds and ends my grandmother left behind when she died).
I have a chest of drawers in the corner of my bedroom which has two larger drawers containing DK and 4ply, and one smaller drawer for everything else. (The other 5 drawers contain my clothes.) Plus a couple of cones - one nice DK, a gift; one cheap scratchy fine yarn from charity shop - hiding in the linen cupboard.
We shall draw the veil of charity over the two plastic bins of fabric in the spare room wardrobe…

4 Likes

I recently reorganized my stash… This doesn’t include some that’s in my living room but it’s a large portion of it

5 Likes

I love the yarn winder sweater! Your own design or did you find it somewhere?

1 Like

Was this what you were referring to? If so, it is a tea pot cozy and the pattern was free on Ravelry. It has been a few years so I can’t remember the actual name of the pattern.

3 Likes

Organizing my yarn stash has been the most challenging thing ever. I have two shoe organizers on my bedroom doors and a full big basket as well. For the last couple of years I have been knitting down my stash. So difficult when you have only one skein left of expensive yarn, but you would rather die than part with it.

1 Like

I never would have thought about using a tea cozy for a ball winder cover. Great idea!

That is a lovely display!! Just wow!

2 Likes