Hi from TX!

I’m Leann and I’m from Texas. I started out crocheting, then in my 40s learned to knit…I now cannot remember how to crochet beyond a single chain! I’ve been on ravelry almost since the beginning, (knittinstill) but am very low key and keep quiet. I’m mainly there for patterns and yarn help. I find being able to see projects in various yarns/sizes invaluable. I work full time and just don’t have time for all the nonsense going on over there.I don’t have any local knitting friends.

I’m conservative, God loving, married to my best friend for over 30 years, one adult daughter and 3 cats. Happy to have the rav alternative. Just trying to figure out the new platforms. Came over here from unraveled forum.

19 Likes

Hi! I’m Carolyn from Texas. I’m happy to be here and looking forward to seeing this site grow.

I knit, crochet, collect spinning fiber and dream about spinning it. I also quilt…a lot, and make jewelry. Pretty much everything I make goes to one charity or another. I’m one of those “privileged people” who can afford to give away what I make. Plus, where I live in Texas we pretty much run the a/c year round so rarely need warm knitted items.

7 Likes

Patty here in Llano. We meet every Monday at Fuel (local coffee house) from 11:30 am to 4 pm. Every craft and person welcome.

4 Likes

Hey y’all,

I’m Crystal, from Texas. I crochet, knit, and occasionally fight with my sewing machine (one of these days I’ll win). I also dabble in plastic canvas and jewelry making. During the school year I work in the cafeteria at my son’s school. Yarn makes me happy, and I’m hoping this platform will take off and be great place to communicate with other makers, as I have no yarny friends in real life. So happy to meet some other Texas makers here.

5 Likes

Well, we were from Texas, Jersey Village (Houston). We retired in 2003, sold the house and started motorhoming. We now winter in Arizona and travel in the summer. BUT, all of the kids and grandkids are in Dallas, so we swing through there a couple of times a year. We stay at the COE RV Park in Wylie TX on Lake Lavon.

Glenda

5 Likes

I have a nephew in Wylie! I have been there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Patty, nice to “meet” you! Oh how I wish we had a local “yarning” (my husband’s made-up word for all things fiber-related) group. I live just outside of a tiny town in central Missouri, and for the most part no-one around here does anything but quilt, which I also do, but I’d still love a group involving knitting and crochet.

1 Like

Hi y’all! I’m in Corpus Christi & just recently (February) opened an LYS. I’m so happy to have this new option!

Susan

6 Likes

Welcome and congratulations on your LYS! If I ever get down Corpus way, I’ll definitely stop in.
Carolyn

Congratulations on your new store! That’s a big accomplishment.

That’s awesome! Wish I lived closer so I could come shop. I’m in Dallas, but if I ever get down your way again I certainly will drop in!

Howdy do from another Texan, mother, grandmother, Christian, conservative, and crafter. I mostly crochet, sew, and quilt, but there are many other types of crafts that I regularly make.

2 Likes

Welcome. Very happy to have you here!

Hi from another Texan! I have been on Ravelry for a long time, but never used their forums or groups. I mainly use them for the projects page, stash inventory page, queue and favorites and, of course, pattern searchs. I have been seething over their new policy because it basically said “in order for us to be inclusive, we are going to exclude half the population” WTF? I am not going to cancel my membership because I want to take advantage of their free stuff. But I will not be purchasing any patterns from them in the future. There are plenty of other places to find patterns. Sadly, Patternfish may have jumped the gun in closing their site. They would probably have a real influx of designers and buyers.

2 Likes

Hi. I am a dyer, spinner, knitter, crocheter, weaver from LaPorte (SE of Houston).

2 Likes

Howdy fellow Texan! Im down here in South East Texas / Gulf Coast area.

2 Likes

Central texas here. I am patty

3 Likes

Nice to meet you! Name is Bill but Im a Texan so I answer to a lot of names, BeJay, Bubba & Buddy. You know, the common names for us from Texas. :smile:

2 Likes

Aw, Bill, I think Katy is a little too metropolitan for BeJay, Bubba or Buddy. I see on your blog you’re a loom knitter?
Welcome!

1 Like

I live in Katy but was born and raised right outside Ellington Air Force Base.When we had our son my Wife refused to allow him to go to any school except Katy. So Ive spent the last 15 years in Katy. :slight_smile:
Yes, I loom. Needles just didnt work out for me. The Loom allowed me to sit in the hospital and keep my mind and hands busy. I really do attribute knitting to saving my life.
BeJay was my father, my brother, me and now my son. It is stylized form of BJ. I think my father picked up the unique spelling during WW2.

2 Likes