Hello from Maryland

I’m Kathy, from Maryland. I’ve been crocheting for almost 50 years I mainly make baby items I donate to charity. I learned to knit about 14 years ago, but I’m still not very good at it. I make baby booties and hats mostly, and occasionally the 5 hour baby sweater. I have 3 children and 10 grandchildren, and I love cats

6 Likes

Welcome, Karhy! I adore cats too.

1 Like

Welcome, welcome Kathy ! I have joined several knitting sites since…you know…anyway, this is my favorite. The people have been so friendly and the conversation is all about crafting! It’s great!

1 Like

Welcome :blush:
Hope you like it here.

1 Like

Hi Kathy, I’m living in Maryland too (though I was born and raised in Georgia). I also love cats! Although I mostly knit now, I learned to crochet first, from my mom. I haven’t been very active here yet due to work, vacation, etc. but hope to be around more.

1 Like

Here is Tabitha. She was a skinny girl when we adopted her from the Humane Society. Oops.

3 Likes

This is Willow she’s 3yrs she says hello and welcome…
Her hobby is sleeping in the sunny spots in the house.she is a rescue that we adopted last year…she kinda runs the show here.

3 Likes

Good morning, Willow!

1 Like

I see that Willow is a fiber aficionado! Hello, cutie!

The blanket she is laying on was a gift to us yrs before we got her. She does however have a few crocheted cat nap blankets ,but her preference is this one.
Maybe I should learn to weave :thinking::wink:

1 Like