Found the Perfect Scarf Pattern

I think this one comes from the Yarn Harlot. Forgive me is I got that wrong. But anyway, a co-worker asked if I could make her a scarf. I have a ton of yarn (who doesn’t), so she picked out the color that she wanted. Now I needed to come up with a simple pattern that I could whip up quickly and easily. I just started googling and found one that’s just perfect for this project. You cast on 26, or add in multiples of 4 if you want to increase the width. Then the best part, and the easiest, K, K, Ktbl (aka knit through the back loop), P. Just repeat to the last 2 stitches, then K2. That’s it. You do that on every row. Easy peasy. This is what it looks like.8D806241-814C-4636-937D-8736359212F3

7 Likes

Your scarf is beautiful - and very festive fall colors are perfect for this time of year. I’ve knit this scarf several times - and I agree - it’s quick, easy, and produces a beautiful scarf.

2 Likes

So pretty!!! Is this the pattern? http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006/10/12/one_row_handspun_scarf.html

2 Likes

Yes! That’s the one. It’s my new “go to” for scarf gifts.

1 Like

@Linda, I love it! Thanks.

That is a great, handy pattern! I’ve used it for several “gotta make a quick gift” and charity scarves.

Nice job. I love the colors. I have had that in my pattern library for the longest time & keep forgetting to try it. I have a request for some scarves so I think I will give it a go. Thanks for the reminder.

It’s lovely to find the perfect pattern!