Crocheter's where are you?

Need more crocheter’s sounding off,where are all of you? What do you like to crochet? I like Crocheting Afghans,Baby Blankets & Beanies. Started a new beanie pattern yesterday, it’s called Back in Brugge and uses the Tunisian honeycomb stitch for the main body of the beanie.I think we need a crochet group on here!

4 Likes

I’m primarily a crocheter, usually working on several projects so not monogamous, craftwise. Right now, I’m working on a shawl using my own handspun from earlier this tour de fleece. Pic later!

3 Likes

I’m primarily a crocheter too. I like to design and make accessories - mainly hats, mitts, and shawls.

2 Likes

Sounds great, glad to hear from you!

2 Likes

Sounds like fun,keep up the great work!

I’m can knit and crochet, but am more proficient with crochet than knitting. I like to make everything, but lately have been working on blankets and shawls. I love everything though- amigurumi, hats, garments, scarves, etc…

Crocheter here working on projects lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I crochet as well as knit, though I’m not a very expert crocheter. Most of my crochet is just granny-squares, though, for our church’s prayer blankets. Not very exciting, though I do enjoy mixing the colours.
I recently crocheted a hat, which I’ve been wearing a lot for winter warmth. That’s as advanced as I’ve got.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to learn to knit so I could make
Hats/ Beanies. I’ve seen some really beautiful knitted hats. But to no avail I’ve tried without success many timed,so I gave up.

1 Like

I’m a crocheter and also a designer. You can find my items at https://www.etsy.com/shop/easycreations?ref=hdr_shop_menu to give you an idea of what I make. I also make afghans, but don’t have any posted, just made them using other people’s patterns as of now.

I also knit, but mostly crochet because of my arthritis. Hard to hold on to needles that keep slipping through my fingers when switching sides.

1 Like

Dropping needles is why I switched to circulars. Can’t go too far away that way. Welcome to the site.

2 Likes

I do both. I crocheted baby blankets and baby girl dresses last summer for the grands.

1 Like

I’m sorry— been having a super busy week this past week with VBS and events through today, Finally back to crocheting. I’ll post some of my projects that I recently completed later on! :slight_smile: I can knit, but I am much better at crocheting!

I crochet but also knit :grin: love to crochet blankets and knit hats :smile: Right now im working on my Spring Abstract Blanket CAL design by Sarah-Jayne Fragola from Bella Coco Crochet :blush:

4 Likes

I’ve tried knitting but after so many trys I gave up
Got to aggravated with it. All I wanted to make were hats🤗… at least I have my crochet to fall back on.

Hi, I’m Anna! I especially love to crochet afghans, hats, and scarves. I’ve mostly been working on afghans to give as presents this year. I have four to go :woman_facepalming:t2:! I’m hoping to crochet a Christmas tree skirt this year too.
Last weekend, I decided to give knitting a try again. I think I’m starting to get it but it’s been frustrating. :joy:

1 Like

I’m still a beginner knitter but my only advise is stick with it. Watch youtube videos for help. I learned English style, but I’ve heard that many crocheters do better with Continental style. I never tried Continental style so couldn’t tell you!!! Stick with a simple pattern, like a garter stitch washcloth, and my only advise is to make sure that the cast on row is not too tight, or you may end up dropping stitches as you try to work the stitches!!! After you do a garter stitch washcloth, try a stockinette washcloth, knit one row, purl the next row. Once you get that down, you can do a lot!

1 Like

Continental style is said to make it harder to drop stitches, which is handy for beginners. I certainly needed the help when I started knitting!

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement, I’ll think about maybe trying again.

1 Like