Anyone interesed it starting a spinning wheel group?

I have several cpw’s Canadian production wheels.I was wondering if there is enough interest to start groups here for spinning wheels?

4 Likes

You have several CPWs?!? Wow! How did you acquire those wonderful items?

I would be interested in a spinning group. I have two Ashfords - a Traveller (that I’ve named Manuka, because she’s from New Zealand and is sweet, like the honey) and an Elizabeth II (nicknamed Lizzie).

2 Likes

God I think a spinning group would be great. I would love to get a CPW. Where did you get yours? Do you use them?

2 Likes

I seem to be attracting them lately. It’s weird, I looked high and low for over a year before I found one.Now I’m up to 7 of them. I have to downsize.They take up too much space and I have a little house. So far I have a double treadle Micheal cadorette,a venzinua, I had a larwence before my kid swiped it, (lol) a fredric bourda.and 2 that people over cleaned and removed the stamp and one that is a marriage, a double treadle wheel,that has a single treadle ( I missed that when I bought it>) I think I may have a double treadle made for that one. If someone wants one, I could try to arrange delivery to rhinebeck. The double treadle cadorette, won’t be for sale. I’m keeping that one.I want to take pictures of all of them if we want to start a group, before I part with any. Yes I use most of them. Most of them spin like the day they were made.Wonderful fast wheels.Where do I find them!? sometimes they find me,lol. since people know I spin they ask me to look at them.I acquired 2 of them that way.Usually they surface when I’m not looking for them!

1 Like

Yes, I’m interested.

1 Like

Go to fiber festivals and ask around. Be careful of craigslist - some of the wheels posted there for sale are missing parts or have warped wheels. If there is a spinners’ group where you live, ask the members. Folks tend to collect them (like Bunnymom :wink:) and sometimes they want to thin the herd.

2 Likes

I would love to purchase one but I am in Colorado. I see them for sake many times in the East coast.

1 Like

when I have time to take pictures I’ll get back to you next week, I’m busy getting ready for a show this week.

1 Like

they can be hard to find on the east coast too.Especially ones that are not missing parts, anyway.It just seems like lately I seem to be attracting them!

1 Like

Would love a spinning wheel group! I have three currently — a Fell/Mayville, a Camelot, and a custom German upright from the 60’s. I let my kids name them so we have Molly, Fred, and George Wheelsley. :rofl: I have very limited space, so I’m glad all three are very petite. I would love a CPW someday when I have room. But my next purchase needs to be more bobbins and a lazy kate.

I am interested in the group and acquiring a CPW. I have two in various stages of a deep cleaning but both need some work and I haven’t had much luck finding anyone on the West coast. I would trade my first-born for one working CPW. But I must be firm, no returns.

I just finished spinning 420ish yards of a 2ply, DK weight, using a blend of natural oatmeal color Babydoll Southdown and mohair fiber.

The photobombing assistant is my geriatric toy poodle, Hershey Kiss.

2 Likes

Just for a moment there I thought the yarn was provided by Hershey Kiss!

She sleeps very hard while I spin- that’s her contribution!

Idk If anyone is looking for a Spinning wheel or not, But* I will be vending this weekend and have some really nice ones for sale. 3 newer ashford traddys (easy treadle ) 3 cpw’s and a couple of oddball ones. I will be vending at Leesport farmers market (in PA) this weekend. I have a small house and need to thin the herd.I have 3 cpws, a Frederic Bordua - St. Hyacinthe 200.00 a Ferdinand Napoleon Vezina 250.00 and an unmarked one (with repairs but spins great) 125.00 all have 1 bobbin. 3 Newer Ashford traddys complete with 4 bobbins 350.00 one early country craftsman 125.00 one bobbin, one fricke with 6 bobbins 325.00, and one older ashford Traveler 250.00 all work great, with no issues.I have a small house and need to rehome some! Also a working Antique yarn weasel 100.00 Also a new never used Strauch drum carder 250.00

The show is at Leesport pa Nov 23&24.