Any other military here?

Hi all! I’m Alexis! I’m an Air Force Veteran (13 years and had my son and got out…lol) and Army wife! I stay home with our son, who is 7 but keep myself busy with crafts, President of the PTO, our Bourbon Club, etc. We currently live on Fort Knox in Kentucky, which we LOVE. This will be our last duty station as my husband will be retiring and we’ll return home to Florida. I’m @JohnsPrincess on IG where I post my projects…though it’s also full of our son, travels, etc!

11 Likes

You will be ending your military wife career soon and I’ll be starting mine soon (hubby starts army basic in Sept).

4 Likes

Hello Lexi, thank you for your service, and thanks to your husband also! I’m not on Instagram, but maybe you will post something here from time to time (?).

Glad you are here, :smile:

1 Like

Hi! Just joined. My husband is 23 years AF. We are from KY also🙂 but we are currently at Hickam AFB.

3 Likes

Don’t make me cry, lol!! It’s all I’ve known since I was 12 (mom was in the Air Force, too) so I’m totally not ready! You’re in for an adventure!

1 Like

Absolutely! I’ve posted a couple projects on a couple of the posts already! Lol

Oooohhh Hawaii! Never got to live there but I’ve visited! I love your home state!

Aww I’m sorry! Enjoy the time you have! Hugs

1 Like

Hi, I just recently joined this site. I’m a Navy veteran and my husband is retired Navy. We’re currently in Michigan, but have traveled to many places over the years, too. Glad to finally be in one spot for good! (I hope!) LOL

2 Likes

Army mom, here. Hooah!

3 Likes

Army vet here. Got out quite a while ago.

3 Likes

I’m at Schofield! Hi neighbor!

1 Like

Hi! Army wife here! :wave:

2 Likes

My oldest will be leaving for BT in August. When he does his wife will begin that journey with my two grandbabies

2 Likes

Hey, Army vet here. Daddy is retired Army vet so I grew up in it. Grandpa was Navy in WWII. The list goes on.

3 Likes

You must be very proud! My husband is retired Navy, my brother is a Jar-Head, and my grandfather was a fighter pilot in WWII.

3 Likes

Hi Alexis! I’m Lisa and I’m an Army Veteran, as is my DH. We met at Goodfellow Air Force Base and now live in an Air Force town in So. OR. We were both in Military Intelligence in the mid to late 80’s, so we served alongside all the branches during our almost 5 years. I got out with my second daughter when we were stationed in Germany. I just couldn’t justify the childcare costs, separation, and all that.

2 Likes

We retired from the Army a year a go this month! ack how did this happen. We still are close to the Ft. Campbell area. Husband was a Green Beret medic for 22. years :slight_smile: I am a sahm while he finishes up his degree. We have kids aging from 21 to 8. (blended family)

3 Likes

I’m very proud. He’s been a blessing for sure, and great dad to those two granddaughters and a good husband, but he’s always wanted serve.

Fantastic family service!

1 Like

Ky native here :slight_smile: I was lucky that Hubs was here for most of his time in.

2 Likes